“If you don’t like the weather in Texas, wait five minutes and it will change.” No one really knows where this saying got started but its so very true. Where else in the world can you wake up in the morning and it be cold and snowy and go to bed with the a/c cranked up? Its one of the things I love about this great state of ours. Days like today make for awesome fishing weather or just taking a walk around the park with the dog (even though secretly I am begging for snow and wind chills – what can I say, I’m a winter kind of person.) You don’t always need your home comfort system but when you do you want to make sure that it is primed and ready to go.
This is the time of year that most homeowners start replacing or upgrading those out dated systems and there are a few important things to keep in mind when installing a new home comfort system:
1. Efficiency – By choosing an Energy Star rated system you can save up to 20% on your annual energy costs. On top of that savings many local utility companies offer discounts on Energy Star homes AND you may qualify for a government tax rebate. Don’t forget to have a heat load calculation done before installation to make sure you have a system sized correctly to your needs.
2. Reliability – Your HVAC system is one of the most expensive investments you will make in your home. When making such a big purchase ask around. You want to make sure you choose a proven industry leader with a track record of reliability.
3. Optimized Air Flow – In order to have a constant stream of air the average single speed HVAC motor must constantly cycle on and off. By investing in a system with a variable speed motor you reduce the amount of wear and tear on your system. In addition to better air flow, the two stage system ensures a more accurate temperature with less of a variation between the thermostat and the actual indoor temperature.
4. Quiet Operation – Most people don’t even notice the noise coming from their HVAC systems, after all you live with it everyday, most of the time you just condition yourself to not hear it. Its not until you replace it that you realize just how noisy it really was. Look for a system that offers sound reducing technology.
5. Balanced Humidity – Choose a thermostat that allows you to balance your temperature with the moisture level in your home, your body will thank you come next winter.
6. Healthy Air – You just invested in a brand new home comfort system, why not invest a little more to reduce the allergens in your home. By attaching an air cleaner to your new system you can improve your indoor air quality by removing dust, mold, dust mite allergens, pet dander and smoke which can help your lungs breathe easier.
We believe that an educated customer is the best customer and that is our goal, to educate our customers so that they can get the best possible service and product. No one should ever feel like that are being taken advantage of and at AC Wizard we strive to make sure that every customer is an informed consumer and has all the information needed to make an educated decision and never feel like they are being taken advantage of. When quality matters, call AC Wizard at 214-342-2665, we are here to help.